September 7, 2010

Boulder Wildfire

Boulder, Colorado
(Linda Meikle photos) You may have heard on the news about the wildfire near Boulder, CO. This is about 10 miles as the crow flies from where we live, but we're in no danger.
I've taken photos all day of the canyon fire that started about 10 a.m. today. At first it was the funny-looking 'cloud' that caught my eye. Then I saw the rising smoke from the mountain and turned on the news.

In the second picture, you can see a dot of light in the center slightly to the left. This is a firefighting plane as it dumps the fire retardant on the flames. We live close enough to see the planes land and take-off.

Here are some photos of the cloud of smoke that filled the northern sky, and later at night the fire on the mountain.



I start my new job in seven hours!!!
Take Care on the Journey
~Linda

No comments: