August 20, 2007

Sunrise Earth

(Photo from Flicker by phillipschip)
My schedule is somewhat crazy! Sometimes I'm up before the sun to clock in early for work. Other days I pull the afternoon shift (my favorite) and can sleep in. Of course, sleeping in doesn't happen much because hubby couldn't find his flash drive or the neighbor has to honk twice for his 6 a.m. pick-up who overslept, or the dogs simply want to go outside to eat grass or bark at the other dogs on a morning run.

One of these days I'm going to learn Spanish so I can open the bedroom window at 6:30 a.m. and yell (in Spanish) at the inconsiderate horn honker down in the parking lot, "No horn honkie! It wakie up 300 people and 200 dogs!" (Sorry, Billy.)

But, back to the title of this posting. I've discovered the the Animal Planet runs a program called Sunrise Earth for a couple hours every morning. It shows realtime sunrises in crystal-clear high definition and surround sounds of nature. No music and few interruptions!

Today I watched brown bears in Alaska catching fish and settle down for a nap - all before the morning sun hit the tops of the trees. Also today, there was an awesome view of a group of people welcoming in the sunrise on a hillside overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. They moved in unison and reached for the sky.

For various reasons, I don't get to watch this too often, but should you find yourself available to enjoy a living room sunrise, check it out.

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

No comments: