February 21, 2011

My Busy Guardian Angels This Weekend

My Dusty Angels were busy Saturday night...

I witnessed a horrific car accident on the way home from work Saturday night, and the beauty of my life-long, busy, guardian angels. The car came within a hairs-breath of smashing in to ME.

On the freeway, the car next to me suddenly swerved out of control, slid around backwards and hit the cement median, flipped on its side and was headed straight towards me sparks flying like a glowing monster. One moment I'm calculating my speed and what my options are, while wishing I had time to say goodbye. The next moment, the car flipped back onto its wheels, careened off the road and slammed into a bunch of trees.

Yes, I was the first to stop to help although in shock myself. No one was seriously injured, although as four or five people scrambled from the smoking, crumbled, car, they were yelling and screaming at each other. The accident was caused by a couple who were fighting and she had grabbed the steering wheel.  At first I was cautious to get near the car for fear it would catch on fire, or I would be accosted by the angry victims.  I waited while another Good Samaritan ran up to offer help and told him they were alive enough to be fighting mad.

I found a passenger who was standing away from the car crying and complaining that something hit her chest, so I put her in my car (still intact) until - it seemed like 100's - of medics, firemen, police, and other Good Samaritans arrived.

Due to my shock, when I got back on the road to continue home, I got off at the wrong exit and drive straight through a red light!  A good example of people in shock and not realizing it. 

Needless to say, I got little sleep before it was time to get up at 4:30 a.m. and go back to work for 16 hours.  I had to really concentrate on my work all day. My mind kept seeing this screaming fire monster headed straight toward me.

It's Monday, and I'm glad to be back as I promised in my Friday post on Facebook. 

I'm appreciating my angels a little more and very grateful for life today.

Take Care on the Journey,
Your friend in life
~Linda
Linda's E-mail: bestnurse@usa.com

No comments: