April 15, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait

It's Friday, and I have lots to do before my 'work week' starts this weekend. The last few days have been very hectic and somewhat stressful as I learned that I have to find a new job. My company is helping me get relocated to a sister facility after my position was eliminated due to budget cuts. This means that I've had to redo my resume', go for a couple interviews, and fill out long applications.

This also means that I may get a 'promotion' that I'm very excited about. I've applied for and had a nice interview for an Assistant Director of Nursing position at a lovely nursing home nearby. It has a good reputation in the community, excellent state survey reviews, and is located on seven acres with a splendid view of the Colorado Mountains!

Even more importantly, we are waiting on final word on our new home purchase! Every day we've provided more and more paperwork for the bank with assurances that all looks well and positive, but the actual 'approval' is still pending. We are told that we should get that word 'next week'. Closing is already set for May 6 at 11 a.m. Hopefully, someone knows something we don't?

So, my new job and our new house should get some answers April 18-22.

As a stress reliever, I get out and geocache when I can. You can see the most recent postings on my blog at http://geocachingindenver.blogspot.com/  Photos are over there too.

Stay close by for next week's happy news.

Take Care on the Journey,
Your friend in life,
~Linda


Linda's E-mail: bestnurse@usa.com

No comments: