September 22, 2006

Our Friends Floyd & Tania

November 23, 1997
Floyd & Tania sang at our sunrise wedding

When I was mailing a package of books at the post office the other day, the lady behind the counter greeted me with gushing compliments about my book, "Dusty Angels and Old Diaries". Seems she read it while traveling to Europe and said she couldn't put it down even though she wanted to save some for the return trip home.

She noticed I had a package of books for Floyd and Tania Phillips and my mother. She recognized both parties and commented, "I feel like I know everyone in your family." My son, Billy, might not be so excited about that, but she meant it in a good way and felt like the book had good meaning for her.

So, I'd like to point out Floyd's new website where he's posting years of "yellow tablet" notes he's been re-transcribing to the web for all of us to view. It makes me feel like MY website is...what shall I say... trivial?... Well, the blogsites have different purposes...But anyway... Today I especially enjoyed the posting called "Hell" dated October 22, 2004.

We first got to know Floyd at Laurelbrook and he's continued to be, 'almost family' for many many years. When Floyd and Tania got married, we welcomed her into the family too. So, if you've got a few more minutes than usual, skip over to Floyd's blogsite and say hi or just wear your 'thinking cap' awhile...
(click here)

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

3 comments:

The Cat's Meow said...

Floyd hasn't changed much over the years. I passed out cards at therapy and going to leave a book for the workers to share.
love ya, Sandy

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Thanks, Sandy
If you need more book, let me know. I have a boxfull now.

Love always

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Thanks, Sandy
If you need more book, let me know. I have a boxfull now.

Love always