March 8, 2008

Blizzard of 2008 in Columbus, Ohio

Local news report that Columbus, Ohio got a record 21.5 inches of snow in the Blizzard of '08!
We just woke up on this Saturday morning to the greatest official "blizzard' in Central Ohio in more than 90 years. I opened the front door to let the dog out and was blasted by Arctic winds and blowing snow.

Although the pictures don't reflect the severeness, the blowing and drifting are causing white-out conditions and huge drifts. I'll post more pictures after it settles down.

For now, I'm thankful for my long flannel gown, hubby's PJ bottoms, two pair of socks and the dark chocolate Milky Way I have tucked away in the kitchen. In the past, I always had to worry about going in to work as a nurse - or getting called in - but today the family whose baby I care for told me not to try to get there because they would be "snowed in" too. Leave that for the younger generation of nurses~.

Here are some morning photos I just took from the front door and looking out the windows.


















Our Van that Jim is going to dig out on Monday morning. (Photo taken from our bedroom window.) I'll post additional photos as the storm continues throughout the day here.
Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

5 comments:

Calder said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. Brrrr. It just clipped us up here north of you. Dang winter, I am sure ready for spring. Be careful out there!

Smiles!
Calder

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Hey Calder,
Michigan is my home state! Berrien Springs sits in the lower corner across from Chicago. Thanks for stopping by.
~Linda

Anonymous said...

I am taking a break from MY cleaning and finally have a moment to check your site! Its fantastic! Now some day I need to find time to read your book- once my Autism "studies" slow down! Hope you're staying warm today! Buffy (and the rest of the Storm clan too!)

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Thanks Buffy for checking in. I know this was suppose to be a big housecleaning day at the Storm household. (Meaning, everybody move over. The "Storm" is coming through!)

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.