June 1, 2009

The Past, The Present, and The Future

My grades finally came in the mail. Unlike some of my classmates who say they worried themselves sick waiting for those grades, I was slightly surprised when they arrived sooner than I expected. On the other hand, it was good to see all A's and B's! Now I can start the third term (of four) of the LPN to RN bridge program, full steam ahead!

Today was the first day of the new term - with ALL new professors whose names I'd not even heard of. The stress of the new term is what made me sick! My stomach was so upset this morning, I wondered if I could even sit in a classroom.
Last night I organized all my new books and created links for Sociology, Microbiology and Growth and Development! (Total cost of books this term $588.00!) My rolling nurses case was carefully packed and ready, but I was too uptight to sleep!

So, at 10 a.m. today, we were introduced to our Sociology professor who went around the class asking for our name and what TV program we liked most. She also asked if we would be too upset if she asked us to put our phone on vibrate. When she got to me, she asked the class what they thought my favorite TV program was.

Someone responded, "Do they have one about coupons?"

She commented that she "didn't do coupons', and that she didn't do the grocery buying as she moved on to the next student.

For what it's worth, she doesn't follow the chapter outline for the $100 book we had to purchase for the class. (At least she didn't today.) Nor did she didn't follow the online chapter outline that I had all nicely printed out (at least not today), but she did say she would review each quiz before she gave it so we could do well on them. I'm sure I'll get used to her even if she doesn't "do coupons". LOL


For the record, I selected a seat near the front because sometimes I have a hard time hearing in my left ear. (It has a loud ringing in it.) This professor likes to walk halfway to the back of the room and speak to the last half of the room. Now for sure, those in front (even those without a buzzing in their ear) can't hear what she's saying when she does that.

Micro followed Sociology. This professor is a man who stands in the front of the room, speaks clearly, and says that when he is speaking, everyone must be quiet. He adds, "and when I'm not speaking, you will still be quiet." He also orders all cell phones be completely off. He admits he's not good at pronouncing or remembering names. He says this class is a "no student left behind class' that I take to mean I can get over the nausea now. (I think I'll like him. lol).

Clinicals look a little more organized than last term, but the schedule has yet to be "finalized". For the next three Fridays, some of us are being transported by van to a hospital two hours away for OB clinicals. We leave at 5:15 in the morning and return late afternoon. That's only for three days, I think. Hubby will have to change his work schedule due to our very old dog who needs a lot of care, so I hope we know very soon if this schedule is set in stone.

If you'd like to see our website for the Columbus school, you can go to
http://www.boheckercollegecolumbus.com. The photos are my classrooms, library and lab.

Bad, noisy, thunderstorm rolling in. Gotta get off line.

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

Home:
http://dustyangels.blogspot.com
E-Mail: bestnurse@usa.com

No comments: