December 4, 2008

"I'm So Proud of You"

A perfect EKG - P-QRS-T wave

I had to use this title because when my Pharmacology professor handed me back my mid-term test, and my heart was in my throat because it had been a very difficult, 2-hour, gut-wrenching, examination covering 33 chapters of our textbook, she held the folded test behind her back and looked me straight in the eyes and said, "I'm so proud of you".

"What!" I made 100%!

What a rush - and what a relief!

Now that all four mid-terms are over, and now that I'd had 12 hours of sleep, I can post that I'm making 3 A's and 1 B (a high B of 89%).
Hubby says that I "purred like a baby" all night. ha ha

I was dreaming of the differences between implicit and explicit; preconventional and conventional; independent variable and dependent variable; agonist and antagonist (it's not what you think on that one). By the way, Philip, during my pretest studies, I had looked up implicit and explicit on wikipedia, and that helped me get that question right on the Psychology test. When some of the class argued the answer with our professor, I commented that Wikipedia said it was like learning to ride a bike. Implicit is remembering how to ride a bike. Explicit is learning how to fix the bike.

We still have two weeks before Christmas break, and I have several small school papers to prepare, but now I can start to bring out the secret packages hidden in my bedroom closet to be wrapped and posted to family and friends. I've been thinking about what I'm going to write about in our Christmas letter this year and enjoying a couple cards already received in the mail.

Yes, we've gotten some snow already here in central Ohio, but it was only a light dusting. They are predicting another fluff or two tonight. We bundle up in furry coats and warm mittens to go out, and I'm sitting at the computer with a small heater at my feet. (Sheba doesn't like it because she can't lay at my feet now.)

Last night as I was walking to the car, I took my first winter splash on the ice! I wasn't expecting that! (Are we ever expecting a fall? If we were, we might not fall!). Thanks to a thick coat and a large bag of trash I was taking out, my landing was fairly soft and (thankfully) unwitnessed!

My catch-up list is rather long today. Dishes in the sink and beds to change and make up. Calls to make (that darn bank is adding a service charge again!), and a trip to the grocery store. We've just about finished all the Thanksgiving leftovers. Oh yes, don't forget the 4 p.m. appointment with my chiropractor.

Here's hoping you have 70% coupons for all your holiday shopping and that there's no patch of ice on your doorstep.

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

Home: http://dustyangels.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Katy said...

Congratulations on your amazing test score! I'm so glad that you're doing so well in school. But of course i wouldn't have expected less, you smarty!

love,
katy